222 Main Street
Big Spring, Texas 79720
A native of Coahoma, Texas, Brandy Manning is a founding partner of Long-Weaver & Manning, LLP. Brandy manages the firm’s Howard County office, and her practice includes litigation, appellate, oil & gas, and ad valorem tax matters. In January 2016, Brandy earned Board Certification in Civil Appellate Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Brandy, who is licensed in both Texas and New Mexico, has successfully represented clients before administrative bodies, such as appraisal review boards, as well as in justice, trial, and appellate courts in both states. A Permian Basin native, Brandy is familiar with both the legal and practical implications of living and working in the oil patch, uniquely situating her to represent her clients’ interests.
- Texas (2001)
- New Mexico (2001)
University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2000
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Law Review
Texas A&M University, B.B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 1994
Awards & Recognition
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (January, 2016)
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters (2016-2019)
- Named a “Texas Winning Woman” by Texas Lawyer (2014)
- Cirrus Wind I, LLC v. Stephens Ranch Wind Energy, LLC, 2017 WL 1376754 (Tex. App.—Amarillo 2017, no pet).
- In re Sunset Nursing Home, Inc., 2015 WL 4488520 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st] 2015, orig. proceeding).
- Medina Interests v. Trial, 469 S.W.3d 619 (Tex. App.—San Antonio 2015, pet. denied).
- Endura Prods. v. Altemus, 2015 WL 2345431 (Tex. App.—Eastland 2015, no pet.).
- Mote Resources, Inc. v. Gardner, 2014 WL 3696030 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2014, no pet.).
- King Fuels, Inc. v. Hashim, 2014 WL 2446613 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th] 2014, no pet.).
- In re Blevins, 480 S.W.3d 542 (Tex. 2013).
- In re N.W., 2013 WL 5302716 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2013, orig. proceeding).
- Mustang Special Util. v. Providence Village, 392 S.W.3d 311 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth, no pet.).
- In re Corbett, 2012 WL 386744 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2012, orig. proceeding).
- Regions Bank v. McKeever, 419 Fed. Appx. 536 (5th (Tex.) 2011).
- Furmanite v. NextCorp, Ltd., 339 S.W.3d 326 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2011, no pet.).
- XTO Energy Inc. v. Nikolai, 357 S. W.3d 47 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2011, pet. denied).
- XTO Energy Inc. v. Pennebaker, 2011 W 6846196 (Tex. App.—Amarillo 2011, no pet.).
- In re Barnett Gathering, LP, 2010 WL 747683 (Tex. App.—Eastland 2010, orig. proceeding).
- Seay v. Barnett Gathering, LP, 2010 WL 2977720 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2010, no pet. h.).
- Industrial Communications, Inc. v. Ward County Appraisal Dist., 296 S.W.3d 707 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2009, pet. denied).
- Blair v. Dallas County, 2009 WL 200983 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2009, no pet.).
- Enerlex, Inc. v. Amerada Hess, Inc., 302 S.W.3d 351 (Tex. App.—Eastland 2009, no pet.).
- Averitt v. Caudle, 2009 WL 891034 (Tex. App.—Eastland 2009, pet. denied).
- Bluestar Energy, Inc. v. Murphy, 205 S.W.3d 96 (Tex. App.—Eastland 2006, pet. denied).
- Fasken Land & Mins., Ltd., et al. v. Oxy, USA, Inc. and Occidental Petroleum Corp., 225 S.W.3d 577 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2005, pet. denied).
- Hiram Moore, Ltd. v. Greer, 172 S.W.3d 609 (Tex. 2005).
- Cass v. Stephens, 156 S.W.3d 38 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2004, pet. denied).
- First Permian, L.L.C. v. Graham, 212 S.W.3d 368 (Tex. App.—Amarillo 2003, pet. denied).
- In re Occidental Permian, Ltd., 2003 WL 1799012 (Tex. App.—Amarillo 2003, orig. proceeding).
- Bristol v. Placid Oil Co., 74 S.W.3d 156 (Tex. App.—Amarillo 2002, no pet.).
Publications and Presentations
- “Drafting Discovery Requests, Interrogatories, Objections, and Admissions”, Advanced Evidence & Discovery Seminar, Texas bar CLE, Houston, Texas, 2019.
- “Winning the AV tax game,” Permian Basin Landman’s Association Meeting, November 2017.
- “What’s in Your Box?” Joint Seminar of the Texas Association of Defense Counsel and New Mexico, December 2017.
- “Property Tax 101” Midland Odessa Business & Estate Council meeting, May 2017.
- “Arming Yourself to Save Money (AV Tax)”, 18th Annual Conference of the Texas Aggie Bar Association, March 2017.
- “Appellate Update for Non-Appellate Lawyers, What You Need to do to Preserve Error” Joint Seminar Defense Lawyers Association, Ruidoso, New Mexico, July 2016.
- “Standards of Review,” Appellate Boot Camp, September 2015.
- “Making Your Case,” Annual Meeting of the Institute of Professionals in Taxation, San Diego, California, 2015.
- “Energy Production & Good Stewardship: Living in Harmony with Oil, Gas & Wind Energy Operations,” Conference, September 2010.
- “Trespass by Capture: Liability for Subsurface Trespass after Coastal,” presented at the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, October 2009.
- “The ‘New’ New Mexico Surface Owners Protection Act,” In-house CLE for Range Resources and invited guests, 2009.
- “The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same: A Practical Analysis of Coastal Garza,” Texas Wesleyan School of Law, Fall 2008.